Thursday, March 22, 2007

Frustrated, anyone?

There was a great post today over at The Shrinking Knitter http://shrinkingknitter.blogspot.com/ discussed the frustration of working out and eating right and not noticing any differences on the scale. It's funny, because I was actually talking to my husband this morning about the very same thing.

I have been 98% diligent—and I mean diligentabout writing down everything that I eat, and working out approximately 6 days a week. This has been going on for about three weeks now, and before that, I was still 80-85% with my tracking and working out. And what is the thanks that I get? A scale that likes to either move up, or stubbornly stay the same.

I've tried so hard this past week to keep a positive attitude and focus on the fact that I can feel my body firming up, getting stronger, etc. But damn, couldn't the scale throw a little love my way?

That said, the scale was at 170.4 this morning. I think I'm feeling frustrated because I was certain that I would break into the 160's today. Perhaps I shouldn't set myself up for something like that--but still, a measly .5 pounds would give me a glimmer of hope!

In other news, I went to a weights class at the gym last night and really enjoyed it. Tonight, if the weather holds (it might rain), I am planning on running (okay, jogging) on the open space trail by our house. I also might spend some jump roping as well, but when I tried to jump rope out on the driveway on Monday night, the entire girl's high school soccer team ran by the house and keep giving me strange looks. Maybe I should join them on their training runs.

Gotta run to a meeting now!

No comments: