Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Inches. . .not pounds

Okay, so I should have measured myself when I started this whole thing. While my weight has basically remained stagnant this past month, I know I've been losing inches. To be honest, I think it's a decent amount, too.

In the past, I've always been so frustrated when I've been working out and eating right, and the scale hasn't budged. But lately, I've been able to move past the numbers of the scale, and I've focused more on how my clothes are fitting and how my body feels to me. For example, I bought a pair of black pants 10 days ago when I was back home in IL. The pants, which were really nice and perfect for work, fit everywhere but were tight in the waist. Well, I went ahead and bought them anyway, and today, I tried them on and they fit perfectly! What a great feeling--and what a great confidence booster.

I'm off to Boot Camp tonight--I am really getting into this class and I think it's definitely something that I can stick with.

No comments: