Friday, March 2, 2007

Persistance Payoff?

I didn't want to go to the gym last night. It's been a tough week here at work and the last thing that I wanted to do was work out. The only thing I wanted to do was drink a glass of wine, read a mindless magazine and watch TV.

I went to the gym.

I got to the locker room. I had left my Ipod in the car. Now, I'm sure this isn't a big deal for most people, but for me, the music that is on that thing is really my only motivator when I am on the treadmill. That, and seeing all of the beautiful people at my gym. Then, I realized I had no socks. I left my sport socks at home and I wore tights to work yesterday. I wanted to throw in the towel and go home.

Instead, I went to my car, got the iPod, found a pair of old socks in the car (yes, that's a little gross) and went in and worked out. It wasn't my best workout, but at least I put in some effort. In all, I spent 20 minutes on the treadmill and 20 minutes on the bike. I can handle that.

What I am really worried about now is the debauchery that will surely ensue over the next three days. Our friends are flying in tonight for a ski/drink/eat trip up in the mountains. Let's just hope that all of this snow we've had will work my thighs a little more than usual.

No comments: